History

 

December 3,
1926.
The Council of Labour and Defense of the USSR decides to construct the Dneprovsky hydroelectric power station.
May 3,
1929.
The All-Union Council of national economy of the USSR decides to construct the Dneprovsky industrial complex.
August 2,
1929.
The Council of Labour and Defense of the USSR decides to construct the Dneprovsky aluminium integrated plant including electrolysis, alumina and electrode facilities.
September 3,
1930.
The foundation of the Dneprovsky aluminium integrated plant (DAK) is laid.
May 1,
1932.
The first generator of the Dneprovsky hydroelectric power station is put into service.
June 20,
1933.
A mixing and molding workshop is commissioned. The first batches of anodes for aluminium electrolysis cells are produced.
September 21,
1933.
The beginning of commercial production of anodes for aluminium electrolysis cells. The birthday of the Dneprovsky Electrode Plant (DEZ).
1934 Production of carbon segments  for Miguet furnaces starts.
1936 Production of carbon electrodes 600 mm in diameter and stamped cathode blocks 400х400 mm starts.
1938 Commercial production of anode and bottom carbon pastes starts.
1939 Production of electrode paste starts.
1939 Production of graphite electrodes starts.
December 4,
1939.
By an order of the people's commissar for color metallurgy No.613 the DEZ is transformed into independent factory on January 1, 1940.
February
1940.
A graphitization workshop is  commissioned.
June 22,
1941.
The beginning of the Great Patriotic War. 
August 18-27,
1941.
Evacuation of the industrial equipment, workers and their families to the eastern regions of the USSR (to the Urals).
February 18,
1944
By a decision of the State Committee for Defence the DEZ is included in the priority list of factories requiring urgent reconstruction.
1945 The first batches of anode and electrode pastes are produced.
1946 Two baking furnaces are commissioned.
1947 Three graphitization sections are  commissioned. The production of graphite anodes for the chemical industry starts.
1948 The following facilities are commissioned: a calcining furnace, a press with force of 3000 t, a baking furnace and an electrode machining workshop.
1949 The program of further expansion of the plant is prepared.
1952 A petroleum material workshop, a carbon product machining workshop and a graphitization workshop are commissioned
1953 Two baking furnaces and a  press with a force of 1500 t are commissioned.
1954 A press with a force of 9000 t for large-sized electrodes and blocks is  installed and commissioned.
1955 Production of graphite electrodes 500 mm in diameter starts.
1958 The plant celebrated its 25-th anniversary.
1959 A press with a force of 4000 t is designed and commissioned for extruding  large-sized electrode blanks.
1960 Production of graphite electrodes in diameter 550 mm starts.
1962 A sanatorium for 150 people is built on the Khortitsa Island.
1963 Production of graphite electrodes 700 mm in diameter starts.
1963 A new graphitization furnace section, baking and calcining furnaces are commissioned.
1966 For the first time in the USSR the graphitization with direct current starts.
1967 An automated line for machining of graphite electrodes 450-700 mm in diameter is installed.
1968 The plant wins  the title “A plant named after the 50-th anniversary of the Soviet Ukraine ”.
1973 Production of carbon blocks for the blast furnace lining up to 5000 cub.m starts.
1974 A hostel for young workers for 640 people is built.
1975 The Ministry of non-ferrous metallurgy, Gosstroi and the Gosplan of the USSR decides to radically renovate the plant in the next 10 years.
1977 The Titan institute prepares the design of renovation of the plant.
1979 Three graphitization furnace sections are reconstructed and optimization of manufacturing processes for large-sized needle coke based electrodes starts.
1980 Production of fine-grained dense MPG-7 grade graphite starts.
1981 Production of Graton material for production of alkalis starts.
1983 On a new site the following facilities are commissioned: warehouse facilities, repair and construction as well as repair and mechanical workshops; a garage for 50 trucks and cars ; a section of transformer and oil facilities; a diesel locomotive department  and a fire department, other auxiliary facilities.
1983 On the occasion of the 50-th anniversary the plant is awarded with “the Sign of honour ”. 
1984 Production of carbon carbon composite materials starts.
1987 A new modern coal-tar pitch impregnation installation is commissioned.
1994 The Dneprovsky Electrode Plant is transformed into Joint-Stock Company "Ukrainsky Grafit".
1997 A new carbon blank workshop is  commissioned.
1998 The introduction of ISO international standards starts at the plant.
2000 The management system of the plant is certificated for compliance with the ISO 9001 international standard.
2001 A new workshop to produce anodes for the magnesium industry with impregnation with inorganic compounds is commissioned.
2002 New grades of carbon blocks for blast furnace lining 5000 cub.m. are developed and their production starts. The management system is certificated for compliance with the ISO 14001 international standard.
2003 The strategy of development of the plant is developed. The management system is certificated for compliance with the OHSAS 18001 international standard.
2005 A new modern baking furnace designed by Pieco Serwis is commissioned.
2006 A high-speed Eirich mixer is installed in the carbon blank workshop. The management system is  certificated for compliance with the ISO 11462 international standard «Guidelines for implementation of statistical process control», and a test laboratory is accredited for compliance with the ISO 17025 international standard.
2007 A new Riedhammer baking furnace is commissioned.
2008 A new modern Wassmer machining line for carbon products is commissioned.
© Ukrainskiy Grafit 2007-2018. All rights reserved.